A YOGA RETREAT FOR HEALING AND CONNECTION | June 29 - July 1, 2018
Join us for our annual retreat to Mount Princeton Hot Springs for a weekend of community, ceremony & self-restoration. This year, we are interweaving all of our favorite healing modalities--forrest yoga, yoga nidra, sound healing, acupuncture, hiking, healthy food & mineral soaking--so that we can bring our bodies, minds & spirits back into a place of alignment. As we are infinitely connected to all that surrounds us, the healing we embody on this retreat extends far beyond ourselves; the work we do here helps to nourish all of our relationships, including our relationship with the earth, and empowers our ability to give back.
Mount Princeton Hot Springs
15870 Co Rd 162, Nathrop, CO 81236
Located in Nathrop, Colorado between the towns of Buena Vista and Salida, Mt. Princeton Hot Springs Resort is an ideal spot for a yoga retreat and getaway to the beautiful Arkansas River Valley to immerse yourself in nature. In addition to the planned retreat activities, enjoy the hot springs, spa services, juice bar and other outdoor activities throughout your stay!
ABOUT THE RETREAT LEADERS
Cheryl Deer, Lead Teacher
Cheryl Deer, ERYT 500, Forrest Yoga Guardian, has taught yoga since 1996. Cheryl’s classes and workshops are joyful and motivating, designed to leave you awakened and inspired. Expect to receive gentle yet powerful adjustments, connect to your core and engage in your practice in a way that brings greater presence, healing and transformation.
Cheryl’s teaching is deeply rooted in the Forrest Yoga philosophy; an approach designed to address the stresses and challenges of our daily lives and support our journey toward physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
Cher Aslor, Assistant
Cher's classes are seeped in the Forrest Yoga, Pilates, and Vinyasa traditions, focused on movement that feels good, challenging and safe. Her Forrest Yoga foundations bring intelligent core work and holding poses for many breaths, which is a tool to awaken the senses and access the emotional body. A big part of her teaching is hands on adjustments and she feels lucky to have deepened her skills through training and assisting both Ana Forrest and Cheryl Deer.
Ana Medina, Frequency Healing Facilitator
Ana Medina started her spiritual journey as a young girl in Mexico City, where she was exposed to Eastern philosophies, the healing arts and metaphysical principles at a young age. Ana moved to Los Angeles as a teen to pursue a music career as a flautist, then moved to the East Coast where she became an educator in music and Spanish. After studying Reiki and Pranic Healing, Ana discovered the magic of Tibetan and Alchemy bowls as a healing modality, which she has studied for several years.Ana has worked with healers in Costa Rica, Mexico, Hawaii and the US as well as co-led several spiritual and wellness retreats. Ana works as a Frequency Healing Facilitator, Certified Life and Wellness Coach, PSYCH-K practitioner, Minister and sole owner and director of Awe Healing Arts.
About Sound Healing : An effective & proven method that reduces stress, alters consciousness and promotes healing by using vibrational sound to induce deep meditative states. Tibetan singing bowls are ‘struck and sung’ in specific rhythmic patterns to create vibrational sound harmonics at the frequency of healing.
Rachael Rose | Licensed Acupuncturist
Rachael holds a Masters degree in Chinese Medicine from Southwest Acupuncture College in Boulder, Colorado. Since January 2004 Full Circle Wellness and Rachael Rose, M.S.,LAc have been proud to offer experienced, complementary family health care to the Northwest Denver Community. Rachael’s undergraduate degree in Psychology benefits her treatments of a wide range of stress related ailments such as insomnia, muscle tension, headaches, anxiety, depression and panic disorder. Her other specialty is treating back, neck and shoulder pain due to sports injury or trauma, acute or chronic.
Kelly Shroads, Retreat Coordinator
Kelly is a seasoned yoga practitioner, photographer, online entrepreneur and wellness advocate. She contributes to the retreat in many ways including retreat and staff coordination, website, marketing & photography. She has a growing love for the power of essential oils and crystals as supportive elements of natural healing and contributes these gifts of nature to the retreat as well. Kelly has been a student of Cheryl’s and has supported her business since 2010, when she was an integral part of the Root Yoga Center management.
RETREAT SCHEDULE - (subject to change)
Friday June 29th
12:00pm - You can come to Mt. Princeton and use the pools, if you let the front desk know you will be a guest and are checking in that day
3:00 pm - 4:00pm - Check in & open time
4:30 - 6:30 pm - Opening ceremony & evening/therapeutic yoga practice
7:00 pm - Dinner
Evening Soak after dinner - pools close at 11pm
Saturday June 30th
7:00 - Smoothies, light breakfast options, coffee
8:00 - 10:30 am - Ceremony & Yoga
10:45 am - 12:00pm - Brunch
11:30 - 3:00 - Acupuncture -15 spots available
12:00 - 3:00 - Open time/Soak/Acupuncture
3:00 - 4:30 - Reverence Hike & Healing Ceremony
5:00 - 7:00 - Yoga
7:30 - Dinner
Evening Soak after dinner - pools close at 11pm
Sunday July 1st
7:00 am - Smoothies, light breakfast options, coffee
8:00 - 10:00 am - Yoga & Closing Ceremony
10:15 am -11:30 pm - Brunch
12:00 am - Checkout time
Free to use the facilities all day
Photos from 2017 RETREAT
What the retreat Includes:
- 4 yoga immersions
1 Friday, 2 Saturday & 1 Sunday including Ceremony
- Sound Healing during all yoga classes
- Group Hike with Healing Ceremony on Saturday
- 4 full healthy & delicious meals + Morning Smoothies, Snacks, Coffee, Tea, & Juice
- Lodging with beautiful mountain views
- Hot Springs & Pools every day
- Gifts of Nature - Essential Oil blends & healing crystals
- Optional Acupuncture Session on Saturday with Rachael Rose of Full Circle Acupuncture ($50 suggested donation)
- Single Occupancy Creekside Suite - $810
- NEW Discounted Single - Hillside Room - $670
- Double Occupancy 2 Queens Creekside Suite - $560 per person
- NEW Discounted Double Occupancy 2 Queens or King Hillside Rooms - $500
- Quad Occupancy $435 per person - Creekside Suite
(2 queen beds - must be booked with your own group)
- Classes + Meals $325 - No lodging
(Includes all 4 yoga immersions, hike, all meals + entry to the Hot Springs each day)
- Classes Only $225 - No lodging
(Includes all 4 yoga immersions, hike, coffee/tea + entry to the Hot Springs each day)
What to Bring
- Yoga mat & props - block, strap & roll if you have them, and whatever other props you need to support your practice. If you don't have props, we will have some to share.
- Yoga clothing for 4 classes
- Water Bottle & snacks (we will have some snacks)
- Swim Suit (towels are provided at resort)
- Robe if you like that for the hot springs (Robes are included for the whole day if you get a spa service, otherwise, not)
- Flip flops for walking to and from pools
- Comfortable Layers
- Shoes/clothes for hiking if you choose to do this activity
- Head lamp comes in handy for walking around at night
2018 Registration is open!
A $200 deposit holds your space for the retreat, and the balance is due 2 weeks prior to the retreat. Online payments are through PayPal, which accepts all major credit cards or through your PayPal account. For check payments, please Contact Cheryl.
If for any reason you have to cancel, there are 2 scenarios depending on timing.
- If you cancel at least 2 weeks before the retreat, you will get a full refund, less a $50 administration fee.
- If you cancel within 2 weeks of the retreat, you will be refunded all but your $200 deposit, which will serve as a credit towards a future retreat.